Associate Real Estate Agent Salary:
$114,316.80 - $146,348.80 Annually Job Type:
Full-Time Job Number:
CA, CA Department:
Watersheds Design and Construction Closing:
12/6/2022 11:59 PM Pacific Description Valley Water is searching for top-tier candidates to fill this exciting opportunity.
Are you a real estate agent with 5 or more years of experience performing real property acquisition, appraisal, property management or relocation assistance? Are you a people-person who thrives working in the public sector with members of the public? If so, check out the below opportunity with Valley Water's Real Estate Services Unit!
Valley Water is seeking an experienced Associate Real Estate Agent to join our Real Estate Services unit. This position performs a variety of professional real estate functions for Valley Water including coordinating the appraisal of properties, negotiating agreements, acquiring properties and property rights, providing relocation assistance to displaced tenants, homeowners and businesses, and preparing transactional documents. The Associate Real Estate Agent works independently on all but the most complex of assignments and may provide guidance to less senior Real Estate Agents and represents Valley Water in meetings with or presentations to the public, customers, contractors, vendors, and government agencies.
This position is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule, typically working 40% remote and 60% onsite. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
- Acquisitions for capital projects which are closely tied to construction schedules and coordinated with local, state and federal agencies.
- Property management of residential and non-residential properties, to ensure rents, insurance, expirations, renewals, compliance, and maintenance/repairs are addressed.
- Relocation of tenants, owners or businesses in relation to a real property acquisition, pursuant to a Relocation Plan approved by the Board.
- Appraisals, leases and licenses, permits to enter, title searches, and other real estate tasks in support of Valley Water projects.
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below. Ideal Experience:
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Five (5) years of professional-level experience performing real property acquisition, appraisal, property management or relocation assistance responsibilities, two years of which must be public sector real estate experience.
- Experience preparing right of way agreements.
- Experience with plat maps and legal descriptions.
- Negotiate equitable real estate contract terms and conditions.
- Collect and analyze comparable market, income and building data for appraisals and estimates of value.
- Interpret and explain Valley Water property acquisition and management policies and procedures.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Complete the more difficult acquisition, appraisal, relocation, and property management cases.
- Present and explain real estate transactions to external and internal parties.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, contracts, and correspondence.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving, and communications skills.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Principles and practices of real property appraisal, acquisition, management, and disposition.
- Principles and practices of right of way, condemnation, relocation, and other public agency property matters.
- Methods and techniques of effective negotiation.
- Methods and techniques used to deal with the public in difficult situations.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in real estate, business administration or a related field.Substitution
Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years.Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)Real Estate Services Unit (Position Code 0614) COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all newly hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting) Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date. Selection Process
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended. NOTE:
Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021, Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants. To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/3798905/associate-real-estate-agent Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency