Sunnyslope County Water District, located in Hollister, California (San Benito County), is seeking an Assistant/Associate Engineer to serve the engineering needs of the District. The position is responsible for engineering services in the design and construction of water production, treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, and other hydraulic projects. The position will also represent the District’s interests reviewing new development projects connecting to the District’s facilities and coordinating improvements with other local agencies.
Examples of Duties
Education and Experience
- Coordinates engineering activities and provides responsible advice and counsel to the General Manager and other District Staff on a variety of engineering issues.
- Represents the District with regulatory groups and business organizations; participates in community and professional groups and committees; acts as District liaison on various inter-agency projects.
- Provides information, explains projects and procedures, interprets codes, and coordinates construction activities with outside agencies, contractors, consultants, committees and others.
- Oversees and participates in construction project administration; assists in overseeing engineering plan and specification development, and ensures compliance with design specifications, codes, and District and other regulatory standards.
- Writes reports, agreements, Memorandums, and updates maps and plans for review by the General Manager or other managers. Proficient in the use of Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and AUTOCAD.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field and possession of a valid driver’s license. Assistant Engineer
- Possession of an Engineer-In-Training Certificate, and one year of increasingly responsible professional water and/or wastewater utility engineering experience is desirable. Associate Engineer
- Possession of a valid California Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer and two years of responsible experience performing duties comparable to an Assistant Engineer. Highly desirable but not required:
California Department of Health Services T3 Treatment Operator Certification, D2 Distribution Operator Certification, and Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification, CWEA Technical Certifications
Possession of a valid California Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer and two years of responsible experience performing duties comparable to an Assistant Engineer. Ten years of experience in an engineering position may substitute the requirement of registration. California Department of Health Services T3 Treatment Operator Certification, a D2 Distribution Operator Certification, and Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is desirable. Salary
Assistant Engineer - $5,001 to $7,037 per month (dependent on experience)
Associate Engineer - $7,226 to $10,168 per month (dependent on experience) Benefits
Health, Dental, &Vision (District pays 100% of employee and $500/mo. toward dependents)
CalPERS Retirement Plan (2.7% at 55 for existing members or 2% at 62 for new members)
Paid Time Off (starting at 10 vacation days/year and 10 management leave days/year)
Sick Leave (12 days/year)
Holidays (12-1/2 days/year, which includes 3 floating holidays) How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Assistant/Associate Engineer Recruitment. TPO is administering this recruitment for Sunnyslope Water District. Please do not contact Sunnyslope Water District directly.