The Coastside County Water District is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Recording Secretary.
This position, under general supervision, provides highly responsible, complex, and confidential administrative support to the General Manager and Board of Directors. Performs a variety of administrative support and scheduling duties related to the activities and operations of the District and acts as a liaison to the Board of Directors and external contacts, including consultants, other agencies, and the public. Performs special project research as needed.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, produces, and posts notices, agendas and agenda packet materials for all meetings of the Board of Directors, including overseeing distribution and delivery while ensuring compliance with all public noticing of meetings and the conduct of closed sessions requirements.
- Coordinates and attends all Board meetings and some advisory committee and special meetings. Prepares official meeting minutes for General Manager and for Board adoption.
- Manages all aspects of the Board of Directors election/appointment process, including completing and submitting all documentation requirements to the San Mateo County Elections Office, handles procedure for filling Board vacancies as required and prepares Oath of Office documentation.
- Maintains all records and ensures the Board’s compliance with required training and certifications including ethics training, sexual harassment prevention training and assists in preparing and overseeing Board orientation training program.
- Responsible for maintaining the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence Certification Program administrated by the Special District Leadership Foundation.
- Assists with preparing responses to findings and recommendations from Superior Court Grand Jury Reports.
- Maintains files and tracks all District adopted Resolutions and Ordinances and Board Meeting Minutes.
- Composes and drafts correspondence, resolutions, and staff reports; handles incoming phone calls; meeting scheduling, responds to requests for information from Board members and the general public.
- Coordinates with the District’s website consultant to maintain a current website, including posting of Board meeting agendas, meeting videos, meeting minutes, special notices, rate information, and annual reports.
- Responsible for picking up and processing the District’s daily incoming mail.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be: EDUCATION:
Graduation from a high school or equivalent; a College Degree or advanced clerical training is highly desirable. EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of at least five years of related experience in an executive level secretarial position with responsibility for providing administrative support with a public agency or a private organization. KNOWLEDGE OF:
Current knowledge of office administrative practices and procedures such as business letter writing, correct grammar, spelling and punctuation; organization and record keeping and functions of a public agency or private organization, including understanding of roles of elected officials and appointed committee members and governmental procedures.
Also requires strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Office; skill in operation of modern office equipment; office management techniques and budgeting principles/practices. IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will also possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and to use initiative, discretion and judgement within established procedures and guidelines including handling confidential files and materials. Strong communications skills, tact, diplomacy and ability to multitask are essential.
An understanding of the Ralph M. Brown Act and policies, procedures, and protocol that governs the District’s Board of Directors and their meetings and interactions with other Board members, staff and members of the public would be beneficial. Monthly Salary Range:
$7,488 to $9,006
Job Description and Employment Application can be found on our website www.coastsidewater.org
(Employment Opportunities) Or by calling (650) 726-4405.
To apply please submit an application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or mail to Coastside County Water District, 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 6, 2020