The Accounting Technician I/II/III is a progressive position in the Accounting & Finance Department that will perform a variety of technical accounting support and administrative duties in the preparation of, processing, and maintenance of financial records. When assigned to the Accounting Technician I, the incumbent will work under supervision, learning and performing various functions related to accounting analysis. When assigned to the Accounting Technician II, the mid-level position in the series, the incumbent must possess knowledge of fundamental accounting and will prepare journal entries and research and reconcile general ledger accounts. When Assigned to the Accounting Technician III, the incumbent must possess a strong understanding of governmental accounting, AP/ AR, Payroll, Excel, and possess experience with the District's current or a similar financial system. The successful candidate will be a detailed, dynamic and quick thinker, who demonstrates initiative in performing a variety of complex, technical, and advanced problem solving activities within the Accounting & Finance Department. Qualifications The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an effective communicator, with the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of audiences.
- Is resourceful and dependable, with the ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and answer customer inquiries, all while maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Is highly organized and efficient, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities to meet departmental objectives.
- Is a dynamic thinker, who displays initiative and creativity in their work.
- Possess education equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade. *Associates Degree and/or Professional Level Certifications desirable.
- Payroll experience is desirable.
- Possesses a valid California Class C Driver's license.
$48,443 to $77,397 Annually Close Date:
March 26, 2019, 5:30 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/evmwd/jobs/2382437/accounting-technician